Ductile iron is a high-strength cast iron material developed in the 1950s. Its comprehensive performance is close to that of steel. It has been successfully used to cast some parts with complex stress, high strength, toughness and wear resistance. It is precisely because nodular cast iron is a high-strength cast iron material, there are many matters needing attention in the production process of nodular cast iron. The cast iron parts factory china to share with you.
There are 6 main points for producing ductile iron:
1. The chemical composition is strictly required. The carbon and silicon content of the original molten iron is higher than that of gray cast iron, and the content of manganese, phosphorus and sulfur in nodular cast iron is reduced.
2. The temperature of the molten iron is higher than the gray cast iron to compensate the nodulization and the loss of the molten iron temperature during the inoculation process.
3. Perform spheroidizing treatment, that is, add spheroidizing agent to the molten iron.
4. Add inoculant for inoculation treatment.
5. Ductile iron has poor fluidity and large shrinkage, so it needs a higher pouring temperature and a larger size of the pouring system. The riser and cold iron are reasonably applied, and the sequential solidification principle is adopted.
6. Perform heat treatment.
Cast Iron Drainage Grid
Our factory is a nodular cast iron manufacturer specializing in the production of nodular cast iron. Our factory has advanced technology and equipment, professional staff, and strict control of product quality. Therefore, consumers can safely buy nodular cast iron from our factory.
Ductile iron can be seen everywhere in today's society. The technology for producing nodular cast iron has also been improved. The quality of spheroidal graphite cast iron products has gradually improved and its uses have become more and more extensive. Next, the custom aluminum heat sink supplier explains what ductile iron can be used for.
Pressure piping and fittings:
Ductile iron is used as the material for pipes and fittings in many industrial countries, because it can be more resistant to pressure in the transport process than ordinary cast iron pipes, and is more convenient and fast in the construction, so it is wise to choose it as the material for pressure pipes.
Ductile iron is mainly used in the automotive industry for generator parts, gears, bushing parts, brakes and special equipment parts.Like the famous ford company, almost all the crankshaft parts are made of ductile iron.
Agricultural machinery and construction applications:
Agricultural machinery in general needs a long life, and ductile iron formed parts can achieve this.In addition, bulldozers and cranes used in some construction projects or road paving have also been applied to ductile iron parts.